Pages

2014-01-10

Bad weather, good cake

Today, the weather wasn't very good so I've decided to make a bit of cook. As I LOVE cakes (my sore point) I've cooked some little moist cake with nuts and coffee. I found the recipe in one of my favourite cookbook and it brightened up my day thank to the sweet flavours of cofee, sugar, nuts ...
Well, here are some photos of the result. It's very easy to do, even if you haven't the time to cook, if you want to welcome some friends and offer them tiny and tasty cakes during the tea time it's the perfect recipe for you !
 
 
















Fresh nuts are better because cake is supposed to be relatively "crusty" !





Normally, cakes should be more dark, I haven't put enough coffee in my preparation. I give you the recipe to make better !


See you soon !


 
 
 
 
 R E C I P E 
 
 
                    For 24 persons

                    You need :
 
                    75g of nuts
                    155g of sugar cane
                    125g of softened butter
                    2 eggs slightly beaten
                    125g of flour
                    80g of "crème fraiche" (a thick soured cream)
                    1 soup spoon of coffee extract





Preheat oven to 160 degrees and lightly grease two 12-hole plates. Mix nuts and 45g of sugar in a food processor. Blend until nuts are coarsely chopped, then pour the mixture into a bowl.

Beat the butter with the remaining sugar in a food processor until the mixture whitens and becomes creamy. While continuing to mix, gradually add the eggs and mix until smooth. Add the flour and mix. Stir in the cream and the coffee extract and mix until the mixture is completely homogeneous.

Place half a teaspoon of nut mixture into the bottom of each mold, then add 1 teaspoon of cake batter. Add some mixed nuts, and a bit of cake batter, and finally the rest of the nut mixture. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes in pan, then unmold the cakes on a wire rack and let cool completely.







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire